Monday, February 24, 2020

Are you feeling blessed?


Are you feeling blessed?

I wonder how many will look at this title and shut down thinking – I’ve lost my husband and I see no blessing in that!  Perhaps we may hear this word used loosely.  Truly my hope is each of you feel blessed or eventually will feel God’s blessing in your life. 

My mother’s favorite scripture was Psalms 103:1-6 which reads:  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagles. The LORD works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. (ESV)   The night she passed away, her bible was opened up to this passage!

As you are healing from your loss, each day certainly has its ups and downs.  My prayer is you will eventually see more ups than downs.   Are you able to look at your journey and see any ‘blessings’ that has helped you to with a better attitude, put a smile on your face or think how you may help someone else on this journey?  We certainly cannot bring our loved ones back, but through our faith in God, He has given us this promise.  1 Peter 5:10 (ESV) reads:  And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Many times when I am feeling down or wondering where God is, this scripture that meant so much to my mom, comes to my mind.  You may have a scripture that you refer to when you are wondering where God is, I would love to hear your blessing.

Perhaps you are in the part of your grief where you are unable to think about blessing others.  However, you may have seen how others have helped you along the way, and you are ready to bless someone. 

Regardless if we have been widowed or are just going through a tough time in our life, God promises to walk with us in the midst of what we are going through.  Psalms 138:7 reads:  Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me. (NIV)

My challenge to you is to reflect on how others have blessed you.   Thinking on that, how may you bless someone today or tomorrow and help them along their journey?

May you feel God’s arms wrapped around you!  May you feel His love!  May you share His love and blessings with others!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment