Monday, December 31, 2018

Anticipating the New Year



Anticipating the New Year

With each New Year we often have anticipations of what we are hoping for.  When we think about the prior year, we may be thinking we made it.  But we are hoping this next year will be better.

Personally I am one that takes a look at what happened the year before to reflect on what may become in the New Year.  When we are hurting, it may be difficult to remember the happy or good things that happened in the past year.  If this is the first New Year without your spouse, even thinking of new plans may be painful.  Regardless what happened last year – good or bad, we cannot change it but the hope we have is in Christ.  Psalms 39:7 reads:But now Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.”

What are your thoughts of how you will handle the upcoming year?   Have you even thought about what your plans are?  Have you thought about what you would like to do?

May I suggest you take a look at what your strengths are?  What do you like to do?  What is worthwhile or important to you? Perhaps, just taking a look at ourselves and rediscover who we are may help us make some decisions.   Some suggestions to think about:

  • Attempt to get back into a routine.
  • This may be a good time to complete a project such as organizing photos.
  • Or perhaps a new project such as crafting, plan a trip or join a new group.

I realize some of these may be a stretch for some of you.   But I also realize some may just need a little encouragement to help decide what you may need to do for you.  Remember God is always with us during the good times and bad times.  Hebrews 13:5b – 6 reads:  “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.”

New beginnings may be difficult, but just taking that first step can be an opportunity for you to discover who you are.   I totally understand that this may not be easy, but I have confidence that you can take that first step.  God is always by our side.  

Blessings to you as you begin 2019.  May you find God’s peace in your life!




No comments:

Post a Comment